This Culture of Health Leaders three-year program will develop a large group of leaders from diverse sectors (e.g., for-profit/business, government, nonprofit, social enterprise) to work with organizations, communities, health systems, and policymakers to build a Culture of Health in America. Within each of these sectors, leaders focused on technology, education, housing, transportation, business, the arts, and many other disciplines and focus areas play key roles in building a Culture of Health. We welcome applications from individuals who are highly motivated and ready to lead and collaborate within and across sectors.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The program is open to individuals from a variety of disciplines—such as technology; the arts; public policy; business; community development and planning; education; transportation; public health; health care; and others—who are committed to working with organizations, communities, health systems, and policymakers to build a Culture of Health in America.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old as of September 1, 2018.
- Federal, state, tribal and local government employees who are not considered government official under Section 4946 of the Internal Revenue Code are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or individuals granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the time of application. Changes in federal policy or law may necessitate that we consider adjustments in eligibility and grant terms.
- Individuals whose official job description or responsibilities are primarily government relations are not eligible to apply.
- Individual candidates for receipt of award funds cannot be related by blood or marriage to any Officer or Trustee of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, or be a descendant of its founder, Robert Wood Johnson.
January 16, 2018 (3:30–4:30 p.m. ET)
Optional webinar for applicants interested in Culture of Health Leaders; register here.
January 23, 2018 (3–4 p.m. ET)
Webinar for potential applicants of all four leadership programs; recording here.
February 21, 2018 (3 p.m. ET)
Deadline for receipt of full applications, including video and references.
May 15–May 24, 2018
Semifinalist interviews (attendance required).
Notification of finalists.
Deadline for receipt of finalist supplemental applications.
September 1, 2018
Program begins. Stipend funding initiated for program participants.
Program orientation (attendance required).
January 13–17, 2019
RWJF Annual Leadership Institute, Indianapolis. (attendance required).
The program will select up to 40 leaders for the 2018 cohort. Each leader will have access to a stipend of up to $20,000 per year for three years (total of up to $60,000). Additional tools and resources, including funding of up to $35,000, may be available for year 3 project-related activities. Leaders may also be eligible to receive additional support, if needed, to facilitate their participation in the program.
Application is Now Closed
Application closed as of:
February 21, 2018, 3:00 p.m. ET