Continuing the Fight Against Tobacco Use
Dates of Project: November 2011 through August 2013
Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) connected with organizations across the nation active in tobacco use prevention and smoking cessation to create networks. Working together, they developed a publication focused on trends in the field and prepared a training module on tobacco.
CADCA published Strategizer 56: Creating Healthy, Tobacco-Free Environments, and distributed approximately 3,000 copies to relevant organizations, both national and local.
The project team created a training course on tobacco for local coalitions titled, Tackling Tobacco: Effective Strategies to Reduce Use, Boost Cessation, and Expand Smoke-Free Environments, Parts 1 and 2.
- Large-Scale Unassisted Smoking Cessation Over 50 Years May 1, 2013
- Why Have Tobacco Control Policies Stalled? December 5, 2012
- Efficacy of Smoking-Cessation Interventions for Young Adults June 1, 2012
- The "Become an EX" Smoking Cessation Campaign August 8, 2011
- Getting Out the Word on Effective Tobacco Treatment July 15, 2010
- About this grant