The Alliance for Health Reform held 16 briefings, and produced two issue briefs, six tool kits and seven short videos to provide unbiased information on health reform.
Dates of Project: September 2011 through October 2012
Field of Work: Educating national policy-makers and journalists about health policy
Problem Synopsis: Widespread misunderstanding of the Affordable Care Act persists, as does continuing resistance to many of its features by elected officials and other stakeholders.
Synopsis of the Work: The Alliance for Health Reform conducted briefings and produced reports, videos and toolkits providing accurate, impartial information about health policy, including the Affordable Care Act.
The Alliance for Health Reform conducted 16 briefings that drew more than 2,500 opinion leaders and reporters to topics that included the implications of deficit reduction for health care and how preventing chronic diseases can save money. It also produced two issue briefs, six toolkits, and seven short videos.
- Disasters: Do Journalists Get in the Way? April 15, 2011
- Getting Journalists Up to Speed on Health and Health Care Issues October 12, 2011
- Briefing Congress and Journalists on Health Policy January 23, 2009
- Providing a Range of Perspectives on Health Care Policy February 15, 2012
- How to Ride the Media Wave February 5, 2013
- About this grant