Seeking Environmental and Policy Solutions to Address Latino Childhood Obesity
Latino researchers, communities, and policy-makers are helping reshape the nation’s health system and improve community health.
The selection of Salud America! research articles considers the context of Latino culture—where Latinos live, work, learn, and play. The articles support a place- and population-level approach to prevent Latino childhood obesity.
Salud America! “represents good science and new information about a population and problem that deserve much greater attention, was produced with a minimum of resources, and provided opportunities for professional growth to a number of early career scientists,” this author writes. As a result of this and other efforts, policy solutions to address Latino childhood obesity are taking place in Latino communities.
Still, more can be done to support such important non-clinical prevention efforts.
- 1. An Introduction to Salud America!
- 2. Salud America! A National Research Network to Build the Field and Evidence to Prevent Latino Childhood Obesity
- 3. Salud Tiene Sabor
- 4. Growing Healthy Kids
- 5. Afterschool Program Participation, Youth Physical Fitness, and Overweight
- 6. Bridging Research and Policy to Address Childhood Obesity Among Border Hispanics
- 7. Combining Photovoice and Focus Groups
- 8. Latina Voices in Childhood Obesity
- 9. Latino Church Leaders' Perspectives on Childhood Obesity Prevention
- 10. Video Game-Based Exercise, Latino Children's Physical Health, and Academic Achievement
- 11. Latino Families, Primary Care, and Childhood Obesity
- 12. Summer and Follow-Up Interventions to Affect Adiposity with Mothers and Daughters
- 13. Food Purchasing Selection Among Low-Income, Spanish-Speaking Latinos
- 14. Obesity Among Latino Children Within a Migrant Farmworker Community
- 15. Exploring Potential Research Contributions to Policy
- 16. Seeking Environmental and Policy Solutions to Address Latino Childhood Obesity
- 17. Building Strategies and Leadership for Change
- 18. San Antonio as a Face of the Future