Ten Things You Should Know About Care Transitions
These 10 facts from Care About Your Care show why care transitions are so critical, outline key areas of concern, and how the health care system is focusing on improvement.
- Hospital readmissions are a real problem.
- Hospitals are paying the price for readmissions.
- Patients and providers are both overwhelmed.
- Hospitals and doctors' offices need to talk to each other.
- For patients, knowledge about their health = power.
- Patients need to continue care outside the hospital.
- Discharge plans should come standard.
- Medications are a major issue.
- Caregivers are a crucial part of the equation.
- Hospitals and other providers are making improvements.