Resource List for Childhood Obesity Advocacy
This toolkit provides a list of resources offering promising strategies that communities and policy-makers can use to assist in advocacy efforts to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic.
Resources are organized into seven categories: Case Studies; Advocacy Basics; Advocating for Active Living and Transportation; Advocating for Nutrition and Food Access; Youth Engagement and Advocacy; Targeted Advocacy for Communities of Color; and Tools for Advocacy: Fact Sheets and Policy Briefs.
- 1. The Value of Leadership Development
- 2. Youth Advocacy
- 3. Advocacy to Reverse Childhood Obesity
- 4. Resource List for Childhood Obesity Advocacy
- 5. Advocacy Resource Guide
- 6. Keeping Kids Moving
- 7. Keeping Kids Moving: How Equitable Transportation Policy Can Prevent Childhood Obesity - What It Is
- 8. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 9. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit: General School Nutrition Resources
- 10. Making the Grade
- 11. Making the Grade: Reversing Childhood Obesity in School Districts Toolkit - What Is It?