Everyone has a role to play in reversing the childhood obesity epidemic: Foundations, community organizations, businesses, researchers, advocates, parents, policy-makers and more. Throughout its grant period, the RWJF Center to Prevent Childhood Obesity helped to coordinate those already working to prevent childhood obesity, and to guide the national movement by disseminating information about the most promising strategies, building capacity and providing a national voice for action.
The case studies and toolkits included here, developed by the Center, provide examples of those promising strategies, and can continue to guide the broad efforts to help the nation’s children lead healthier lives.
- 1. The Value of Leadership Development
- 2. Youth Advocacy
- 3. Advocacy to Reverse Childhood Obesity
- 4. Resource List for Childhood Obesity Advocacy
- 5. Advocacy Resource Guide
- 6. Keeping Kids Moving
- 7. Keeping Kids Moving: How Equitable Transportation Policy Can Prevent Childhood Obesity - What It Is
- 8. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 9. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 10. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit: General School Nutrition Resources
- 11. Making the Grade
- 12. Making the Grade: Reversing Childhood Obesity in School Districts Toolkit - What Is It?
- 13. Making the Grade