Aligning Forces for Quality (AF4Q) is the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s (RWJF) signature effort to lift the overall quality of health care in targeted communities, reduce racial and ethnic disparities in health care and provide models for national reform.
As part of this effort, RWJF has committed an unprecedented level of resources, expertise and training to turn proven practices for improving quality into real results. This commitment is intended to further the efforts of a passionate network of care providers, patients, hospitals, and employers – those at the forefront of care who have been unwavering in their dedication to re-building health care systems in communities throughout the U.S.
For those interested in learning how AF4Q is catalyzing fundamental change at the local level, RWJF has compiled a selection of videos, reports and other materials highlighting progress, in addition to valuable resources that our Alliance members can tap-into for training and knowledge development. To learn more, we encourage you to explore the following products.
- 1. The ABCs of Measurement
- 2. Provisions Related to Quality in the New Health Reform Law
- 3. How to Describe the Health and Community Context for Comparative Performance Reports
- 4. Sample Site for Reporting Health Care Quality Data
- 5. Improving Care Coordination by Streamlining Patient Referrals
- 6. Modifying the Admission Process to Improve the Collection and Accuracy of REL Data Collection
- 7. Modifying the Registration System to Accurately and Efficiently Capture Patient Language Preference
- 8. Ensuring REL Data Collection with the Use of a Post-Discharge Survey Tool
- 9. Ensuring Interpreter Qualifications and Standards Through Vendor Contracts
- 10. Educating and Motivating the Community to Reduce Disparities