Keeping the Press and Congressional Staff Informed about Health Care Policy
Since 1996, the Washington-based Alliance for Health Reform has conducted briefings and produced publications on important health policy topics for congressional staff and journalists. This project covered work from February 2006 through November 2008.
- Held 17 briefings for congressional staff and/or journalists
- Held one-on-one meetings with 33 Washington-based reporters
- Created nine online toolkits for reporters
- Wrote eight issue briefs based on topics covered during Capitol Hill briefings
- Increased the number of expert sources listed in its online database for reporters