A report by a task force of the American Geriatrics Society outlined a set of goals and recommendations for improving care for older Americans. It appeared in the June 2005 issue of the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society and is available online.
The report provides recommendations in five goal areas:
- Ensure that every older person receives high-quality, patient-centered health care.
- Expand the geriatrics knowledge base.
- Increase the number of health care professionals who employ the principles of geriatric medicine in caring for older persons.
- Recruit physicians and other health care professionals into careers in geriatric medicine.
- Unite professional and lay groups in the effort to influence public policy to continually improve the health and health care of seniors.
- About this grant