For Children of Parents in Prison, Web Site Guides Health Care Workers
Starting in August 2002, the Family and Corrections Network created the Children of Prisoners Library for Health Care Providers, an online source of health-related information for health care providers serving children of prisoners and their caregivers.
Project staff wrote online pamphlets specifically for health care providers on the needs and best practices of treating children of prisoners.
The Family and Corrections Network is a volunteer organization that works to educate and empower families of prisoners.
Project staff produced the following pamphlets:
- Impact of Parental Incarceration
- Challenges for Health Care Providers
- Common Stress Points
- Different Children/Different Behaviors
- Strategies for Intervention
- Tips for Fostering Trust & Safety
- The Caregivers' Situation