Website Provides Side-by-Side Comparisons of Legislation to Expand Health Insurance Coverage
In 2001, Health Policy Alternatives, a Washington consulting firm specializing in health policy strategies and options, created side-by-side comparison charts of federal legislation relating to health care coverage.
- Health Policy Alternatives, in collaboration with RWJF, prepared six side-by-side comparison charts, each analyzing three or more federal proposals relating to health care coverage. The six categories of proposals represented in the side-by-side charts include:
- Proposals to expand the availability of health insurance coverage.
- Proposals to increase health insurance coverage through the expansion of Medicaid and/or the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
- Proposals to increase health insurance coverage through the expansion of Medicare.
- Proposals to increase health insurance coverage through the establishment of new public programs.
- Tax credit approaches to expanding health insurance coverage.
- Tax incentives to encourage employer-sponsored health insurance coverage.