Our Commitment to New Jersey
Since our beginning in 1972, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the state of New Jersey have long maintained an inextricable relationship. Our mission to improve the health and health care of all Americans began in New Jersey, and our home state continues to be an important focus of our grantmaking. We support leading academic and health care institutions and community-based organizations, all working to make New Jersey a healthier place to live, learn, work, and play.
Check out the vital stats:
- RWJF is the largest private philanthropy in New Jersey, with a 40-year track record of commitment to the state.
- RWJF has invested more than $1.5 billion in New Jersey since 1972.
- From 2002 through the end of 2011, the Foundation invested more than $433 million in New Jersey—approximately 10 percent of all its grantmaking.
- RWJF is currently funding over $135 million in 109 active grants statewide.
- RWJF has approximately 250 employees, 80 percent of whom live in New Jersey.