State Refor(u)m is a project of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the National Academy for State Health Policy. This online resource is designed to assist state health officials and the broader state health policy community as they tackle the implementation challenges and opportunities created by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Launched in spring of 2011, State Refor(u)m provides tools, information and resources to aid states in meeting the ACA’s requirements, and to help them do so with excellence. The State Refor(u)m platform is intended for state health officials and a broad range of stakeholders to propose and discuss policy solutions. The site’s goals are to:
- foster online peer learning,
- highlight states’ implementation progress and
- share states’ successes with others nationwide who may benefit.
Statereforum.org leverages the knowledge that already resides with state officials and other users, and shares it openly and broadly, allowing users to:
- Engage in real-time discussions with others nationwide on a variety of implementation issues, including challenges, proposed solutions and lessons learned;
- Search for and access information that cuts across programmatic, departmental and organizational boundaries in one, convenient location; and
- Post, organize and share information, knowledge and expert analysis with the health policy community.
In addition to being a hub for implementation resources, State Refor(u)m’s immediate online accessibility uniquely provides an ever-evolving, dynamic resource that adapts to meet the needs of its users.