View the webcast from a January 20, 2010, National Press Club event at which experts from Gallup and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation presented key findings from a new study examining the views of 1,504 opinion leaders on the role nurses are playing, and should play, in our health care system.
This first-of-its-kind survey explores perceptions of nurses’ role in improving access and quality, and containing costs. The webcast includes a news conference to release findings from the study, followed by a panel discussion analyzing the findings in-depth. The featured speakers:
- Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, M.D., M.B.A, president and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Frank Newport, Ph.D., editor-in-chief, The Gallup Report
- Pennsylvania Gov. Edward G. Rendell
- Reed V. Tuckson, M.D., F.A.C.P., executive vice president and chief of medical affairs, UnitedHealth Group
- Gail Wilensky, Ph.D., senior fellow at Project HOPE, former administrator of the Health Care Financing Administration (now the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
- Susan Hassmiller, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., senior adviser for nursing at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (moderator)
- Patricia Gerrity, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., associate dean at the College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, director of the 11th Street Family Health Services, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N.
- Richard Hader, senior vice president and chief nursing officer at Meridian Health
Beverly Malone, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., CEO of the National League for Nursing, member of the National Advisory Council for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar program
- Mary Naylor, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., professor at the University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, director of the NewCourtland Center for Transitions and Health, program director of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Interdisciplinary Nursing Quality Research Initiative