Frequently Asked Questions
- What reporting should I do if my project changes?
- What if the project changes scope or objective?
- What if the principal investigator transfers to a new organization, or the current organization can no longer provide support to the project, or the project itself becomes a separate organization and wishes to complete grant activities under its own name?
- May I request an extension to the award date of my project?
- What do I do if I need more time to complete a report or to provide information to RWJF?
- To whom do I direct a request for a renewal grant?
- How do I notify the Foundation of any changes to my contact information, or if I need to add, update or delete a grantee staff member?
It depends on the situation.
- For a request for an extension to your award dates, read: RWJF Guidelines for Extension of Award.
- For a request for an extension in submitting reports or adjusting other due dates, read: RWJF Guidelines for Extension of Due Dates.
- For a request to revise your budget, if your program changes, read: Budget Revision Guidelines.
Contact your RWJF program officer if you are contemplating any changes in program scope or objectives, or your national program office if your project is funded under a RWJF national program, to determine what, if any, formal approval is required. Changes that impact the budget may require a budget revision. Please review Budget Revision Guidelines for complete information.
3. What if the principal investigator transfers to a new organization, or the current organization can no longer provide support to the project, or the project itself becomes a separate organization and wishes to complete grant activities under its own name? (Answer last updated on Dec. 1, 2009)
You may shift the responsibility for conducting grant activities from one grantee organization to another if the present grant has a balance of $20,000 or more in uncommitted/unexpended funds, and if both organizations involved agree to the transfer. Please refer to Transfer Grant Guidelines for more information.
Please refer to Extension of Award Guidelines for guidelines on how to prepare a request to extend the ending date of a grant. Please note that extensions to awards are reviewed for both financial and programmatic appropriateness and are not automatically granted.
To request a change in the due date for submission of reports and/or project deliverables please refer to RWJF's Guidelines for Extension of Due Dates.
Requests for renewals should be directed to your program officer.
To make any changes to contact information or update a grantee staff member, please use the RWJF Customer Database Request Form.
Note: If you are from a national program, you should update your information by using the form located on NPONet (log into myRWJF and click the button for “NPONet” within “MyRWJF websites”). If you are a national program office of the Foundation and do not have access to NPONet, please contact us to request access.