Weigh In: What's Your Public Health "Win"?
Oct 30, 2011, 3:50 PM, Posted by NewPublicHealth
The APHA Annual Meeting is a great time to connect with others in the public health field and learn about the exciting work and new partnerships forming across the country to create healthier communities. It’s also a great time to share the great work that you’re doing with others.
Everyone has a story to tell – so take this opportunity to amplify your voice. Give us your take on any of the questions below by leaving a comment:
What excites and inspires you?
- What are you most excited about in public health right now?
- What’s one of the most innovative initiatives you’ve worked on or heard of?
What’s your biggest health “win”?
- How are you embracing new thinking in your job? (Through technology? New research? New management methods?)
- What types of partners are crucial to the success of your work?
What do you want others to know about your work?
- What are you working on that shows just how important public health is?
- What are some key lessons learned that you would share with others in your position?
- What areas and issues deserve more attention in public health?
Get our take on coverage here, from a lens of prevention and what the "new" public health looks like now and in the future.
This commentary originally appeared on the RWJF New Public Health blog.