The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF; the Foundation), located in Princeton, N.J., is the largest philanthropy in America dedicated solely to health. Since 1972, we have focused on developing and promoting innovations in health and healthcare to improve the lives of millions. In partnership with others, we are working toward a nation that is rooted in equity, compassion, and respect. A nation that provides everyone in America a fair and just opportunity to thrive, no matter who they are, where they live, or how much money they have. This requires addressing many harmful obstacles to well-being, including poverty, powerlessness, and discrimination.
We take seriously our responsibilities, and we pledge to work in ways that reflect our Guiding Principles. These are rooted in equity and influence everything we do at RWJF. Equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration allow our staff’s wide range of experiences, passions, and perspectives to enrich our work and strengthen our ability to address the nation’s most pressing health issues. The Foundation offers a collaborative, collegial, and creative work environment. With a career at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, you will make a difference.
Reporting directly to the senior manager, Foundation Services, the program administrative assistant (PAA) supports staff by (1) assisting program staff in carrying out administrative and program-related duties; (2) providing a wide range of administrative support including complex calendar management, travel coordination, meeting and event planning, and special projects as assigned; and (3) maintaining an informed, highly proactive and responsive relationship to the program staff both on-site and remotely.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage high-volume calendar requests including scheduling virtual appointments, conferences, webinars, booking conference rooms and larger department meetings.
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements and ensure staff is appropriately supported for trips: arrange travel; prepare itineraries; prepare and organize all background materials in advance; and track and submit expenses for reimbursement.
- Ensure staff travel profiles, bios, and memberships are current.
- Coordinate IT requests, supply requisitions, and building services requests.
- Manage visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail as needed.
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, charts, reports, and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Perform research by accessing information from RWJF’s Information Center, Program Information Management System (PIMS), Salesforce, intranet, the internet, and other resources.
- Act as an active note taker and synthesize notes for summary distribution as needed.
- Partner in the training of PAA colleagues during the onboarding process and as needed.
- Provide backup support for assigned PAAs and others, as needed.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to an associate’s degree from a two-year college, technical school, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts; working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Demonstrated excellence in calendar management via Outlook, including coordination of complex meetings and travel schedules for multiple people.
- Ability to coordinate travel with vendors with a focus on conserving resources.
- Experience with portable devices (e.g., iPad, iPhone) and general office equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of AV equipment and use of platforms such as RingCentral and Zoom is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding about organizational tools such as OneNote, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft Teams is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Workday and Concur is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, requests, and individual work styles.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs, and be proactive.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy with work, organizational skills, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service orientation, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships.
- Understand impact of their work and adapt to change effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- May require some overtime, as needed.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The PAA will perform job duties in a typical business office environment and may periodically work from a remote location. Specific physical abilities required by this job include operating basic office equipment. Will be required to attend meetings, potentially both on-site and off-site via phone or videoconference.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: December 5, 2021