The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), located in Princeton, N.J., is the largest philanthropy in America dedicated solely to health. Since 1972 we have been providing funding, assistance, and research for projects and programs to help people, their families, and their communities be as healthy as possible. RWJF is committed to working alongside others to build a national Culture of Health that provides everyone in America a fair and just opportunity for health and well-being.
We take seriously our responsibilities, and we pledge to work in ways that reflect our guiding principles. These are rooted in equity and influence everything we do at RWJF. Diversity, inclusion, and collaboration allow our staff’s wide range of experiences, passions, and perspectives to enrich our work and strengthens our ability to address our nation’s most pressing health issues. With a career at RWJF you will make a difference.
The Foundation is seeking a Human Resources (HR) business support coordinator to provide professional administrative service and support by actively participating in the processing of routine-to-complex human resource transactions and activities in a comprehensive human resource operation environment.
This position is responsible for: (1) creating, maintaining, monitoring, and/or processing human resource transactions, records and reports, and otherwise actively provides functional assistance in one or more business operations, such as benefits administration, leaves of absence management, recruitment/selection/onboarding, HR communications, technology and general human resource operations; and (2) providing expert administrative support to unit professional staff in discharging their administrative and technical duties. Performs duties with a strong service-orientation, unshakeable regard for confidentiality, professionalism and privacy, and with diplomacy and a can-do capability.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Benefits / Leave of Absence Coordination
- Provides practical day-to-day support, and accurate and timely service to Foundation staff, retirees and related clients about benefits to include: medical, dental, life insurance, retirement/separation, leave of absence and worker’s compensation.
- Participates in benefits administration activities to support internal operations processing and audit including, but not limited to: pension and benefits enrollment, maintenance and changes for active, retired and former staff, as well as leave of absence, worker’s compensation, COBRA administration and billing.
- Assists in the implementation of changes and improvements to benefits programs, as appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation of benefits-related documents, reports, forms and applications, as appropriate.
- Regularly monitors general HR and benefits email boxes and responds or distributes information to the appropriate person for response.
- Manages the entire life cycle of all temporary (temp) employees to include:
- Maintaining relationships with temporary staffing agencies
- Coordinating work needs with managers
- Interviewing and onboarding, and off-boarding temps
- Temp timesheet approval, billing and invoice processing
- Tracking and reporting
- Working with recruitment team, coordinates the recruitment and onboarding processes for new hires including job posting, advertising, resume routing and review activities, interview scheduling (as needed), preparing job and employee files, offer letter and package, new hire packet, job search closure, file maintenance, expense tracking, and other related tasks and activities.
- Updates and maintains database and tracking reports pertaining to employee data, recruitment and new hire activities, tuition, HR invoicing and more as needed.
- Updates and maintains HR communications on Intranet using creative skills and various technologies.
- Acts as in-house photographer of new staff for systems use.
- Develops and maintains reporting on HR Intranet activity and impact.
HR Operations/Administrative Coordination
- Reviews, prepares, verifies, and/or processes HR forms; handles highly confidential material; maintains records and database and/or files; ensures the accuracy, timeliness, and appropriate authorization of all forms and materials. Includes but not limited to:
- Reviews, verifies, and processes Matching Gift Program forms.
- Prepares and processes staff change forms; files copies.
- Identifies and updates all time-sensitive forms and documents (e.g., annual W4 forms) and replenishes supplies.
- Develops and produces reports using a variety of business or technical programs (spreadsheets, database management packages, desktop publishing software, etc.) to complete tasks requiring sophistication in usage.
- Supports end-of-year HR processes.
- Assists in the implementation of internal HR and office procedures, information systems, and training programs.
- Updates and maintains HR calendars and general email boxes.
- Provides word processing of routine-to-complex correspondence, materials, reports, forms, etc.
- Maintains complex calendars; screens calls; makes appointments; handles arrangements for travel, meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provides direct support to HR professional staff, as assigned.
- Opens, prioritizes and distributes unit mail to appropriate staff.
- Prepares and processes expense vouchers, invoices and forms.
- Updates and maintains unit files with timely processing and purging according to retention standards.
- Gathers and maintains data; prepares and formats spreadsheets; performs minor research, as appropriate.
- Leads special HR projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree from a two-year college, technical school or equivalent.
- Minimum of two to three (2–3) years directly related human resources experience to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to foster an inclusive environment working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and general knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and database entry for tracking and trending purposes.
- Experience working with Workday or other HRIS preferred.
- Must be technologically savvy; able to learn and adapt quickly to new systems and processes.
- Must have an unshakeable regard for confidentiality, professionalism and privacy with sensitive information.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, people, personalities and projects to solve problems and get the job done with a positive attitude and a smile.
- Must be a self-starter with strong organization and multi-tasking skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be diplomatic, highly collaborative and able to deliver delightful attention and service to staff at all levels.
- Must have outstanding writing skills; clear verbal communications skills; and the ability to effectively present information to small groups.
- Must be imaginative, curious, and able to think beyond the task or instructions given to see all implications.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and people, anticipate needs and take action.
- Ability to work quickly in the face of change and/or pressure with poise and positivity.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills and necessary.
- May require some overtime, as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The incumbent performs job duties in a normal business office environment. Tasks are generally carried out with no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is regularly required to work at a desk with a computer for extended periods of time. Specific physical abilities required by this job include operating basic office equipment such as personal computers, duplicating machines, fax machines and standard office telephones. The incumbent may be required to attend meetings, both on-site and off-site, via phone or electronically.