Advancing Public Health Performance
Public health directors from around the United States talk about their pursuit of public health department accreditation, a new national credential launched in September, 2011.
LHDs that diversify their revenue sources may be protected from future economic downturns.
An issue brief examines the state-level community benefit oversight focusing on the 10 states that require hospitals to develop implementation strategies.
The nation’s public health system has been chronically underfunded for decades. Major investments are needed to improve health and workplace productivity, and reduce health care costs.
A continual revision process ensures that accreditation standards remain relevant and applicable to public practice health today.
Evaluation and Learning
This brief from the Center for Community Health and Evaluation (CCHE) outlines how HIAs change decision making and highlights evidence that HIAs can lead to stronger cross-sector relationships, amplified community voices, and longer- term changes.
This formative evaluation of PHSSR related efforts helps crystalize understanding of PHSSR activities, interrelationships, and achievements as well as to identify shortcomings and suggest helpful change going forward.
A retrospective assessment of RWJF's work in tobacco over a 20-year period, 1991-2010.
The Public health Accreditation Board provides a mechanism for public health departments to continuously measure and strive to improve their performance against rigorous national standards.
Related News Releases
- Public Health Law Research Program Funds Nine New Studies November 20, 2014
- How are NJ communities collaborating to build a #CultureofHealth? Learn more November 6, 2014
- RWJF on Reducing Beverage Calories September 23, 2014
Related Blog Posts
- New Network Unites Community Leaders to Improve Health December 10, 2014
- We Are All Tuskegee December 10, 2014
- Seizing Opportunities to Reinvent Public Health December 2, 2014
- Lessons from the Arabbers of Baltimore November 28, 2014