State Health Access Data Assistance Center (SHADAC)—helps states to monitor rates of health insurance coverage, understand factors associated with access to care, and utilize data to implement health reform.
SHADAC provides technical assistance to federal agencies that conduct health insurance surveys, and states that conduct their own surveys and/or use data from national surveys.
The goal is to help bridge the gap between health insurance data and the policy-making process. SHADAC produces timely and targeted health policy research with a focus on deriving lessons from state variations in policy and outcomes in the national context.
- Online Resources
- Annual Data Reports
- Federal Survey Data
- State Survey Data
- Using Recent Revisions to Federal Surveys for Measuring the Effects of the Affordable Care Act
- Issues with the Survey-based Measure for Patient-Centered Medical Homes for Children
- Monitoring the Impacts of Health Reform at the State Level: Using Federal Survey Data
- Comparing Federal Surveys that Count the Uninsured
- Analyzing the ACA Using New NHIS Questions
State Survey Data
- Did the Massachusetts Individual Mandate Mitigate Adverse Selection?
- State Estimates of Limited English Proficiency (LEP) by Health Insurance Status
- State Reform Survey Item Matrix (SRSIM)
- State Survey Research Activity
State Health Access Data Assistance Center
These reports were developed to help states monitor and understand trends in rates of health insurance coverage and access to care.Learn more
- > Back to Reform by the Numbers August 22, 2014
RWJF examines the types of competitive foods - foods and beverages schools offer outside of meal programs - available in our nation's school...
Progress and lessons learned from two programs that seek to advance the impact digital games can have on health.
Joint Commission Resources in Oak Brook Ill., oversaw development and testing of an online course and support materials to improve communica...
The rapid rise of antibiotic resistance can be tracked using ResistanceMap, an online tool that visually highlights regions of the country w...
Report examines, compares and contrasts Massachusetts and Utah health insurance exchanges.
Report examines issues states will face as they integrate Medicaid into the exchange.
This poll shows most Americans believe the quality of U.S. health care is average at best. More than half of American adults surveyed barely...
Want to improve health? Start with where we live, work, learn and play.
Health care reform may create incentives to spur the growth in HDHPs and CDHPs, a move that might help hold costs down?at least for a time.
The authors suggest repairing the health care system by realigning provider incentives, increasing the availability of information with whic...
While the ACA is aimed primarily at improving individual health by increasing access to health insurance, it also contains a number of provi...