This research was not funded directly by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), but has been included as an additional resource to this issue of Tobacco Control supported by RWJF.
"Any ‘end game’ strategy should carefully build on the evidence-based strategies that have proven so effective and not be based on the false premise that the policies embraced by the FCTC are incapable of reducing tobacco use far below current levels or to a level where tobacco caused disease is no longer a major public health problem."
—Excerpted from a special supplement of Tobacco Control.
- 1 Questions For a Tobacco-Free Future
- 2 Minimising the Harm from Nicotine Use
- 3 Supply-Side Options for an Endgame for the Tobacco Industry
- 4 Reducing the Nicotine Content to Make Cigarettes Less Addictive
- 5 Potential Advantages and Disadvantages of an Endgame Strategy
- 6 The Tobacco-Free Generation Proposal
- 7 Why Ban the Sale of Cigarettes?
- 8 Ending Versus Controlling Versus Employing Addiction in the Tobacco-Caused Disease Endgame
- 9 Large-Scale Unassisted Smoking Cessation Over 50 Years
- 10 Ending Tobacco-Caused Mortality and Morbidity
- 11 There's No Single Endgame
- 12 Reflections on the "Endgame" for Tobacco Control
- 13 Tobacco Endgames
- 14 The FCTC's Evidence-Based Policies Remain A Key to Ending the Tobacco Epidemic
- 15 Cultivating the Next Generation of Tobacco Endgame Advocates
- 16 Can Tobacco Control Endgame Analysis Learn Anything From the U.S. Experience With Illegal Drugs?
- 17 Political Impediments to a Tobacco End-Game
- 18 Tobacco Endgame Strategies
- 19 In and Across Bureaucracy
RWJF Scholar examines neighborhood-based death rates from opiate-based painkiller overdoses, compared with heroin overdose deaths.
RWJF Nurse Faculty Scholar Jennifer Bellot writes about losing her grandmother to complications from a medical error.
Learn how The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is dedicated to building a culture of health in Risa Lavizzo-Mourey's 2014 annual message.
A new paper reports on the proceedings of an unprecedented meeting that brought together diverse leaders from community colleges around the ...
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps can be put to use right away to help create a culture of health in your community.
How the tragic loss of a dancer's leg led to a Culture of Health within the team that restored her mobility.
Noteworthy quotes about nurses and nursing, from the April 2014 issue of Sharing Nursing’s Knowledge, RWJF's nursing e-letter.
In the April 2014 Sharing Nursing's Knowledge, British nurse Nathan Filer wins a prestigious literary prize for his debut novel about mourni...
Recent Research About Nursing, in the April 2014 Sharing Nursing's Knowledge e-letter.
The President's 2015 budget proposal would help break down barriers to nurse practitioners' and physician assistants' practice.
The reconvened Commission to Build a Healthier America will provide new guidance in three key areas: early childhood, healthy communities, a...
Developing small community homes as alternatives to nursing homes, this radical, new national model for skilled nursing care returns control...