This article discusses the current state of public health finance research through a review of public health finance literature, chronicles important lessons learned from public health finance research to date, discusses the challenges faced by those seeking to conduct financial research on the public health system, and discusses the role of public health finance research in relation to the broader endeavor of Public Health Services and Systems Research.
The Journal of Public Health Management & Practice Focuses on Advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 1 Advancing the Science of Delivery
- 2 Expanding Delivery System Research in Public Health Settings
- 3 Public Health Law Research: Exploring Law in Public Health Systems
- 4 Developing a Taxonomy for the Science of Improvement in Public Health
- 5 Public Health Services and Systems Research: Current State of Finance Research
- 6 Governance Typology
- 7 Diffusion of Practice-Based Research in Local Public Health
- 8 Defining Organizational Capacity for Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 9 Measuring the Authority of Local Public Health Directors in the Context of Organizational Structure
- 10 The Extent of Interorganizational Resource Sharing Among Local Health Departments
- 11 Health Districts as Quality Improvement Collaboratives and Multi-Jurisdictional Entities
- 12 Information-Seeking Behaviors and Other Factors Contributing to Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments
- 13 Assessing the Roles of Brokerage
- 14 Structural and Organizational Characteristics Associated With Performance of Essential Public Health Services in Small Jurisdictions
- 15 Assessment of Workforce Capacity for Local Health Departments in Nebraska
- 16 Topology of Local Health Officials' Advice Networks
- 17 Composition and Duties of Local Boards of Health
- 18 Local Health Departments and Specific Maternal and Child Health Expenditures
- 19 Variability in Practices for Investigation, Prevention, and Control of Communicable Diseases Among Washington State's Local Health Jurisdictions
RWJF Nurse Faculty Scholar Jennifer Bellot writes about losing her grandmother to complications from a medical error.
Learn how The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is dedicated to building a culture of health in Risa Lavizzo-Mourey's 2014 annual message.
RWJF Health & Society Scholar Brendan Saloner on subsidized health insurance's impact on family economics.
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps can be put to use right away to help create a culture of health in your community.
CDC: Mixed Progress in Food Safety Efforts - FDA: Common Procedure to Remove Uterus, Uterine Fibroids Can Spread Cancer - Approximately 12M ...
America is not getting good value for its health care dollar. These resources explore issues of cost and value of health care.
A short distance can mean large disparities in health. Across America, babies born just a few miles apart have dramatic differences in life ...
Developing small community homes as alternatives to nursing homes, this radical, new national model for skilled nursing care returns control...
While the need to address disparities in care is well known, few strategies for reducing disparities have been studied systematically.
The RWJF DataHub tracks state-level data, and allows visitors to customize and visualize facts and figures.
How can those of us who are passionate about building a Culture of Health close the gap between the time of invention and the time of mainst...