Delivery system research to identify how best to organize, finance, and implement health improvement strategies is focused heavily on clinical practice settings, with relatively Iittle attention paid to public health settings where research is made more difficult by wide heterogeneity in settings and limited resources of existing data and measures.
This study examines the approaches used by public health practice-based research networks (PBRNs) to expand delivery system research and evidence-based practice in public health settings.
The Journal of Public Health Management & Practice Focuses on Advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 1. Advancing the Science of Delivery
- 2. Expanding Delivery System Research in Public Health Settings
- 3. Public Health Law Research: Exploring Law in Public Health Systems
- 4. Developing a Taxonomy for the Science of Improvement in Public Health
- 5. Public Health Services and Systems Research: Current State of Finance Research
- 6. Governance Typology
- 7. Diffusion of Practice-Based Research in Local Public Health
- 8. Defining Organizational Capacity for Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 9. Measuring the Authority of Local Public Health Directors in the Context of Organizational Structure
- 10. The Extent of Interorganizational Resource Sharing Among Local Health Departments
- 11. Health Districts as Quality Improvement Collaboratives and Multi-Jurisdictional Entities
- 12. Information-Seeking Behaviors and Other Factors Contributing to Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments
- 13. Assessing the Roles of Brokerage
- 14. Structural and Organizational Characteristics Associated With Performance of Essential Public Health Services in Small Jurisdictions
- 15. Assessment of Workforce Capacity for Local Health Departments in Nebraska
- 16. Topology of Local Health Officials' Advice Networks
- 17. Composition and Duties of Local Boards of Health
- 18. Local Health Departments and Specific Maternal and Child Health Expenditures
- 19. Variability in Practices for Investigation, Prevention, and Control of Communicable Diseases Among Washington State's Local Health Jurisdictions
Report examines, compares and contrasts Massachusetts and Utah health insurance exchanges.
Report examines issues states will face as they integrate Medicaid into the exchange.
Want to improve health? Start with where we live, work, learn and play.