This special issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice (JPHMP) profiles the results of recent advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research. The issue reflects the contemporary characters of research in the field, including a broad cross section of topics, methodologies, and practical applications.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) supports a large and growing collection of research projects that are producing a steady stream of new evidence about the organization, financing, and delivery of public health services. The 19 articles presented in this special issue of JPHMP, written by RWJF grantees, cover topics such as public health organizations, governance, financing, workforce, and decision making.
Browse Contents to read all articles.
The Journal of Public Health Management & Practice Focuses on Advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 1 Advancing the Science of Delivery
- 2 Expanding Delivery System Research in Public Health Settings
- 3 Public Health Law Research: Exploring Law in Public Health Systems
- 4 Developing a Taxonomy for the Science of Improvement in Public Health
- 5 Public Health Services and Systems Research: Current State of Finance Research
- 6 Governance Typology
- 7 Diffusion of Practice-Based Research in Local Public Health
- 8 Defining Organizational Capacity for Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 9 Measuring the Authority of Local Public Health Directors in the Context of Organizational Structure
- 10 The Extent of Interorganizational Resource Sharing Among Local Health Departments
- 11 Health Districts as Quality Improvement Collaboratives and Multi-Jurisdictional Entities
- 12 Information-Seeking Behaviors and Other Factors Contributing to Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments
- 13 Assessing the Roles of Brokerage
- 14 Structural and Organizational Characteristics Associated With Performance of Essential Public Health Services in Small Jurisdictions
- 15 Assessment of Workforce Capacity for Local Health Departments in Nebraska
- 16 Topology of Local Health Officials' Advice Networks
- 17 Composition and Duties of Local Boards of Health
- 18 Local Health Departments and Specific Maternal and Child Health Expenditures
- 19 Variability in Practices for Investigation, Prevention, and Control of Communicable Diseases Among Washington State's Local Health Jurisdictions
A national conversation highlighting efforts to improve care transitions, reduce avoidable hospital readmissions, and lift overall quality o...
Adverse working conditions contribute substantially to the risk of depression for working-age adults, according to new research from a team ...
This month the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health published a special issue of its magazine devoted to food.
America is not getting good value for its health care dollar. These resources explore issues of cost and value of health care.
Unengaged patients can incur costs of up to 21% higher than patients who are highly engaged in care. This suite of materials from RWJF's AF4...
Hilary Levey Friedman, author of Playing to Win: Raising Children in a Competitive Culture, writes about youth sports.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is working to increase awareness and understanding of the impact of ACEs and the need to develop effectiv...
Learn how The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is dedicated to building a culture of health in Risa Lavizzo-Mourey's 2014 annual message.
Around the country, print, broadcast, and online media outlets are covering the groundbreaking work of Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)...
List of most current annual reports.
While the need to address disparities in care is well known, few strategies for reducing disparities have been studied systematically.