This special issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice (JPHMP) profiles the results of recent advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research. The issue reflects the contemporary characters of research in the field, including a broad cross section of topics, methodologies, and practical applications.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) supports a large and growing collection of research projects that are producing a steady stream of new evidence about the organization, financing, and delivery of public health services. The 19 articles presented in this special issue of JPHMP, written by RWJF grantees, cover topics such as public health organizations, governance, financing, workforce, and decision making.
Browse Contents to read all articles.
The Journal of Public Health Management & Practice Focuses on Advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 1. Advancing the Science of Delivery
- 2. Expanding Delivery System Research in Public Health Settings
- 3. Public Health Law Research: Exploring Law in Public Health Systems
- 4. Developing a Taxonomy for the Science of Improvement in Public Health
- 5. Public Health Services and Systems Research: Current State of Finance Research
- 6. Governance Typology
- 7. Diffusion of Practice-Based Research in Local Public Health
- 8. Defining Organizational Capacity for Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 9. Measuring the Authority of Local Public Health Directors in the Context of Organizational Structure
- 10. The Extent of Interorganizational Resource Sharing Among Local Health Departments
- 11. Health Districts as Quality Improvement Collaboratives and Multi-Jurisdictional Entities
- 12. Information-Seeking Behaviors and Other Factors Contributing to Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments
- 13. Assessing the Roles of Brokerage
- 14. Structural and Organizational Characteristics Associated With Performance of Essential Public Health Services in Small Jurisdictions
- 15. Assessment of Workforce Capacity for Local Health Departments in Nebraska
- 16. Topology of Local Health Officials' Advice Networks
- 17. Composition and Duties of Local Boards of Health
- 18. Local Health Departments and Specific Maternal and Child Health Expenditures
- 19. Variability in Practices for Investigation, Prevention, and Control of Communicable Diseases Among Washington State's Local Health Jurisdictions
While the need to address disparities in care is well known, few strategies for reducing disparities have been studied systematically.
RWJF examines the types of competitive foods - foods and beverages schools offer outside of meal programs - available in our nation's school...
Progress and lessons learned from two programs that seek to advance the impact digital games can have on health.
Joint Commission Resources in Oak Brook Ill., oversaw development and testing of an online course and support materials to improve communica...
The rapid rise of antibiotic resistance can be tracked using ResistanceMap, an online tool that visually highlights regions of the country w...
Report examines, compares and contrasts Massachusetts and Utah health insurance exchanges.
Report examines issues states will face as they integrate Medicaid into the exchange.
This poll shows most Americans believe the quality of U.S. health care is average at best. More than half of American adults surveyed barely...
Want to improve health? Start with where we live, work, learn and play.
Health care reform may create incentives to spur the growth in HDHPs and CDHPs, a move that might help hold costs down?at least for a time.
The authors suggest repairing the health care system by realigning provider incentives, increasing the availability of information with whic...
While the ACA is aimed primarily at improving individual health by increasing access to health insurance, it also contains a number of provi...