This special issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice (JPHMP) profiles the results of recent advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research. The issue reflects the contemporary characters of research in the field, including a broad cross section of topics, methodologies, and practical applications.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) supports a large and growing collection of research projects that are producing a steady stream of new evidence about the organization, financing, and delivery of public health services. The 19 articles presented in this special issue of JPHMP, written by RWJF grantees, cover topics such as public health organizations, governance, financing, workforce, and decision making.
Browse Contents to read all articles.
The Journal of Public Health Management & Practice Focuses on Advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 1 Advancing the Science of Delivery
- 2 Expanding Delivery System Research in Public Health Settings
- 3 Public Health Law Research: Exploring Law in Public Health Systems
- 4 Developing a Taxonomy for the Science of Improvement in Public Health
- 5 Public Health Services and Systems Research: Current State of Finance Research
- 6 Governance Typology
- 7 Diffusion of Practice-Based Research in Local Public Health
- 8 Defining Organizational Capacity for Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 9 Measuring the Authority of Local Public Health Directors in the Context of Organizational Structure
- 10 The Extent of Interorganizational Resource Sharing Among Local Health Departments
- 11 Health Districts as Quality Improvement Collaboratives and Multi-Jurisdictional Entities
- 12 Information-Seeking Behaviors and Other Factors Contributing to Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments
- 13 Assessing the Roles of Brokerage
- 14 Structural and Organizational Characteristics Associated With Performance of Essential Public Health Services in Small Jurisdictions
- 15 Assessment of Workforce Capacity for Local Health Departments in Nebraska
- 16 Topology of Local Health Officials' Advice Networks
- 17 Composition and Duties of Local Boards of Health
- 18 Local Health Departments and Specific Maternal and Child Health Expenditures
- 19 Variability in Practices for Investigation, Prevention, and Control of Communicable Diseases Among Washington State's Local Health Jurisdictions
RWJF Scholar examines neighborhood-based death rates from opiate-based painkiller overdoses, compared with heroin overdose deaths.
Learn how The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is dedicated to building a culture of health in Risa Lavizzo-Mourey's 2014 annual message.
RWJF Nurse Faculty Scholar Jennifer Bellot writes about losing her grandmother to complications from a medical error.
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps can be put to use right away to help create a culture of health in your community.
America is not getting good value for its health care dollar. These resources explore issues of cost and value of health care.
Judith Halstead, president of the National League for Nursing, writes about the role of nursing education in realizing a transformed health ...
While the need to address disparities in care is well known, few strategies for reducing disparities have been studied systematically.
RWJF Health & Society Scholar Brendan Saloner on subsidized health insurance's impact on family economics.
Hilary Levey Friedman, author of Playing to Win: Raising Children in a Competitive Culture, writes about youth sports.
Developing small community homes as alternatives to nursing homes, this radical, new national model for skilled nursing care returns control...
RWJF Scholar puzzles out why people who do not drink alcohol are at greater risk for premature death than light to moderate drinkers.
The Health and Medical Care Archives at the University of Michigan's Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research is the of...