Everyone has a role to play in reversing the childhood obesity epidemic: Foundations, community organizations, businesses, researchers, advocates, parents, policy-makers and more. Throughout its grant period, the RWJF Center to Prevent Childhood Obesity helped to coordinate those already working to prevent childhood obesity, and to guide the national movement by disseminating information about the most promising strategies, building capacity and providing a national voice for action.
The case studies and toolkits included here, developed by the Center, provide examples of those promising strategies, and can continue to guide the broad efforts to help the nation’s children lead healthier lives.
- 1 The Value of Leadership Development
- 2 The Value of Regional-Level Work
- 3 Jammin' Minute
- 4 Naperville High School
- 5 Opportunity Link's North Central Montana Transit Initiative
- 6 Safe Routes to School at Maybury Elementary School in Detroit
- 7 Youth Advocacy
- 8 Advocacy to Reverse Childhood Obesity
- 9 Resource List for Childhood Obesity Advocacy
- 10 Advocacy Resource Guide
- 11 Community Engagement Resource Guide: Why Use it?
- 12 Community Engagement Resource Guide
- 13 Community Engagement Resource List
- 14 Keeping Kids Moving
- 15 Keeping Kids Moving: How Equitable Transportation Policy Can Prevent Childhood Obesity - What It Is
- 16 Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 17 Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 18 Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit: General School Nutrition Resources
- 19 Making the Grade
- 20 Making the Grade: Reversing Childhood Obesity in School Districts Toolkit - What Is It?
- 21 Making the Grade
RWJF Nurse Faculty Scholar Jennifer Bellot writes about losing her grandmother to complications from a medical error.
Learn how The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is dedicated to building a culture of health in Risa Lavizzo-Mourey's 2014 annual message.
RWJF Health & Society Scholar Brendan Saloner on subsidized health insurance's impact on family economics.
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps can be put to use right away to help create a culture of health in your community.
America is not getting good value for its health care dollar. These resources explore issues of cost and value of health care.
A short distance can mean large disparities in health. Across America, babies born just a few miles apart have dramatic differences in life ...
CDC: Mixed Progress in Food Safety Efforts - FDA: Common Procedure to Remove Uterus, Uterine Fibroids Can Spread Cancer - Approximately 12M ...
Developing small community homes as alternatives to nursing homes, this radical, new national model for skilled nursing care returns control...
While the need to address disparities in care is well known, few strategies for reducing disparities have been studied systematically.
This is a list of the Foundation's audited financial statements and form 990-PF.
The RWJF DataHub tracks state-level data, and allows visitors to customize and visualize facts and figures.