This volume of the Anthology focuses on the Foundation's efforts to learn from programs that did not work out as planned. The first four chapters examine the topic from different perspectives: drawing lessons from programs that did not meet expectations; redesigning programs while they are in progress; and a case study of a single program. These chapters are followed by a commentary on the role of failure in philanthropic learning. Written by the country's leading science and medical journalists, as well as experts from universities and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Volume XIII includes chapters on:
- Learning from programs that didn't work out as planned
- Communications at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Combating drug addiction
- The Reclaiming Futures program
- The College Alcohol Study
- Overcoming language barriers to care
- MicheLee Puppets and the fight against childhood obesity.
- 1 Foreword
- 2 Editors' Introduction
- 3 Acknowledgments
- 4 Good Ideas at the Time
- 5 New Direction, Midcourse
- 6 The National Health Care Purchasing Institute
- 7 The Role of Failure in Philanthropic Learning
- 8 Communications at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- 9 The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Efforts to Combat Drug Addiction
- 10 Reclaiming Futures
- 11 The College Alcohol Study
- 12 Overcoming Language Barriers to Care: Hablamos Juntos
- 13 MicheLee Puppets and the Fight Against Child Obesity
Learn how The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is dedicated to building a culture of health in Risa Lavizzo-Mourey's 2014 annual message.
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps can be put to use right away to help create a culture of health in your community.
RWJF Nurse Faculty Scholar Jennifer Bellot writes about losing her grandmother to complications from a medical error.
RWJF Health & Society Scholar Brendan Saloner on subsidized health insurance's impact on family economics.
CDC: Mixed Progress in Food Safety Efforts - FDA: Common Procedure to Remove Uterus, Uterine Fibroids Can Spread Cancer - Approximately 12M ...
Developing small community homes as alternatives to nursing homes, this radical, new national model for skilled nursing care returns control...
As part of National Public Health Week, PHLR—a grantee of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation—has been participating in the week by contribut...
A new paper reports on the proceedings of an unprecedented meeting that brought together diverse leaders from community colleges around the ...
The RWJF DataHub tracks state-level data, and allows visitors to customize and visualize facts and figures.
How can those of us who are passionate about building a Culture of Health close the gap between the time of invention and the time of mainst...
America is not getting good value for its health care dollar. These resources explore issues of cost and value of health care.