The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) produced a handbook on patient safety and quality that nurses can use in their work.
- Patient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-Based Handbook for Nurses edited by Ronda G. Hughes, PhD, MS, RN, the project director, was published by AHRQ in April 2008. It includes sections on:
- Patient Safety and Quality
- Evidence-based Practice
- Patient-centered Care
- Working Conditions and the Work Environment for Nurses
- Critical Opportunities for Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Tools for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
Although the handbook was supposed to be co-branded as an RWJF/AHRQ product, it was not; AHRQ published it alone.