This article examines the perceptions of patients in a diabetes self-management program that utilized community health workers. Respondents found that the self-management program improved their knowledge of diabetes care and helped them to better manage their diabetes.
A Special Supplement to the American Journal of Preventive Medicine Showcases Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Research
- 1. Putting the "Community" Into Community-Based Participatory Research
- 2. Making Evidence from Research More Relevant, Useful, and Actionable in Policy, Program Planning and Practice
- 3. Effective Recruitment of Minority Populations Through Community-Led Strategies
- 4. The Healthy Lifestyle Change Program
- 5. A Low-Literacy Medication Education Tool for Safety-Net Hospital Patients
- 6. Risk and Resilience in Latinos
- 7. Improving Disaster Mental Health Care in Schools
- 8. Building Community-Based Participatory Research Partnerships with a Somali Refugee Community
- 9. Rapid Community Participatory Assessment of Health Care in Post-Storm New Orleans
- 10. Asthma Mitigation Strategies
- 11. Children's Roles in Parents' Diabetes Self-Management
- 12. Role Development of Community Health Workers
- 13. Participants' Assessments of the Effects of a Community Health Worker Intervention on Their Diabetes Self-Management and Interactions with Healthcare Providers
- 14. Economic Evaluation of a Comprehensive Teenage Pregnancy Prevention Program
- 15. School Site Visits for Community-Based Participatory Research on Healthy Eating
- 16. A Physician Team's Experiences in Community-Based Participatory Research
- 17. Community-Based Participatory Research Shows How a Community Initiative Creates Networks to Improve Well-Being
RWJF examines the types of competitive foods - foods and beverages schools offer outside of meal programs - available in our nation's school...
Progress and lessons learned from two programs that seek to advance the impact digital games can have on health.
Joint Commission Resources in Oak Brook Ill., oversaw development and testing of an online course and support materials to improve communica...
The rapid rise of antibiotic resistance can be tracked using ResistanceMap, an online tool that visually highlights regions of the country w...
Report examines, compares and contrasts Massachusetts and Utah health insurance exchanges.
Report examines issues states will face as they integrate Medicaid into the exchange.
This poll shows most Americans believe the quality of U.S. health care is average at best. More than half of American adults surveyed barely...
Want to improve health? Start with where we live, work, learn and play.
Health care reform may create incentives to spur the growth in HDHPs and CDHPs, a move that might help hold costs down?at least for a time.
The authors suggest repairing the health care system by realigning provider incentives, increasing the availability of information with whic...
While the ACA is aimed primarily at improving individual health by increasing access to health insurance, it also contains a number of provi...