Archived video of the second meeting of The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing, at the Institute of Medicine (IOM) is available here. The meeting was held September 14 at the Barbara Jordan Conference Center at the Kaiser Family Foundation in Washington, D.C.
The complete agenda for the open session is available below. The meeting included an overview of the Prime Minister’s Commission on the Future of Nursing and Midwifery, presentations on fulfilling the potential of the nursing workforce and an overview of the status of health care reform.
Agenda. Meeting 2: RWJF Initiative on the Future of Nursing, at the IOM
9-10 a.m. Overview of the Prime Minister's Commission on the Future of Nursing and Midwifery
- Ann Keen, Chair, and Parliamentary Under Secretary for Health Services
- Jane Salvage, Joint Lead, Support Office
- Anne Marie Rafferty, Commissioner (via videoconference)
10-11:30 a.m. Fulfilling the Potential of the Nursing Workforce
- Ann Hendrich, Ascension Health
- Mary Naylor, University of Pennsylvania
- Ed O'Neil, University of California, San Francisco (via videoconference)
11:30-11:45 a.m. Break
11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Overview of the Status of Health Care Reform
- Chris Jennings, Jennings Policy Strategies, Inc.
- Dean Rosen, Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti, Inc.
- Peter Reinecke, Reinecke Strategic Solutions, Inc.