John Mendelsohn, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center addresses the forum
Registration is now open for the Forum on the Future of Nursing: Acute Care, the first of three nationwide forums being held by the RWJF Initiative on the Future of Nursing, at the Institute of Medicine. This meeting will be held at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on October 19, 2009. The meeting will focus on nursing across acute care settings and will include panels and discussion on technology and patient quality and safety. A draft agenda for the meeting is available.
Participate from Anywhere
For those unable attend the event in person, other options for participating in the meeting include:
- A live Webcast of the meeting will be available via www.thefutureofnursing.org. Questions and comments will be accepted through the Webcast interface and shared with the panelists. Register for the webcast.
- Tweet your comments and observations of the meeting using #IFNacutecare. Make sure you’re following the Initiative Twitter feed @FutureofNursing so you don’t miss any behind-the-scenes news from the forum.
- Leave a comment on the Future of Nursing blog. Leading up to and following the meeting The Future of Nursing blog will have posts from Linda Burnes Bolton, Dr.PH., R.N., F.A.A.N., vice-chair of the committee, and Josef Reum, Ph.D., the meeting’s moderator. On the blog, registered users are welcome to leave their comments for the blog authors and members of the blog community.
Subsequent forums will cover the topics of community health, public health and primary care in Philadelphia on December 3 and nursing education in Houston on February 22. These forums will also be Webcast live via a link on the Initiative’s Web site, www.thefutureofnursing.org.
- Forum on the Future of Nursing: Primary Care, Long-Term Care, Community Health, and Public Health
December 3, 2009–Philadelphia
- Forum on the Future of Nursing: Education
February 22, 2010–Houston
For more information on the Initiative and members of the committee, please visit www.iom.edu/nursing or www.thefutureofnursing.org. You can also sign up for updates on the Initiative via email. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.