- The guide, entitled Treating Teens: A Guide to Adolescent Drug Programs, provides parents and caregivers with concrete ways to assess treatment programs. It also includes:
- A detailed description of the nine key elements that contribute to treatment effectiveness.
- Summary profiles of 144 adolescent treatment programs with elements of effective treatment, and an in-depth look at seven promising programs.
- Hotline numbers and Web site addresses for teen substance abuse treatment centers in each state.
- Definitions of frequently used treatment terms.
- The companion Web site includes:
- A searchable database with detailed profiles of the treatment programs summarized in the guide.
- Research articles on adolescent substance abuse.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) provided a two-year grant of $451,090 in 2001 to fund development of the guide and Web site.