From 1997 to 2001, staff from the Emergency Medical Services for Children National Resource Center, which is housed in Children's National Medical Center, developed a series of white papers on critical issues regarding emergency medical services for children that have surfaced under managed care.
- The National Resource Center developed 10 white papers in topic areas such as:
- 24-Hour Access to Emergency Care
- Quality and Accountability
- Reimbursement Issues
- Injury Prevention
- Encourage the development, dissemination and evaluation of nationally recognized pediatric emergency care guidelines.
- Encourage the development of nationally recognized performance measures (process, structure and outcome).
- Coordinate care with the online "medical home" containing patient information essential for the primary care provider responsible for coordinating care and all other providers rendering care.
- Ensure reimbursement for emergency medical services for children.
- Explore issues around the definition of medical necessity.
While the need to address disparities in care is well known, few strategies for reducing disparities have been studied systematically.
RWJF examines the types of competitive foods - foods and beverages schools offer outside of meal programs - available in our nation's school...
Recent studies have demonstrated a connection between low-socioeconomic status and poor health in children. This study builds upon previous ...
This study examined the impact that race has on the prevalence of self-reported diabetes for Hispanic and non-Hispanic people. Data from the...
In this article, the authors consider the social, structural and symbolic effects of the recent and rapid spread of legal gambling in the Un...
Immigrants and their children are one of the fastest growing components of the U.S. population. One in five Americans under the age of 18 is...
Most studies investigating links between social capital and health have relied on work by Robert Putnam who conceptualized social capital as...
The present article considered cardiovascular patients' adherence to physicians' medication recommendations. Nonadherence was defined as fol...
This study examined the prevalence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) among children in the United States. Also of interest ...
The current article explored risk factors for iron deficiency for toddlers in the United States with a focus on Hispanic toddlers. Data from...
The research presented in this article compared the density and concentration of pro-tobacco media messages in African-American and White ma...
This article describes efforts to use information on influenza burden and vaccine efficacy to estimate how influenza vaccine recommendations...