AcademyHealth undertook a range of activities from July 2003 through July 2005 to strengthen the field of health services research.
AcademyHealth hosted four conferences for health services researchers, policy analysts and users of the research. Conference proceedings and summaries appear online for:
- The 2004 National Health Policy Conference.
- The 2005 National Health Policy Conference.
- The 2004 Annual Research Meeting.
- The 2005 Annual Research Meeting.
Project staff promoted ways to improve federal health databases.
- "Improving Federal Health Data for Coverage and Access Policy Development Needs" summarized commissioned papers and recommendations from leaders in health services research.
- The peer-reviewed journal Health Services Research (June 2006) published two of the commissioned papers and a commentary on improving federal health data.