Effective June 2, 2016
Phone: (877) 843-7953
Fax: (609) 627-6401, Attention RWJF Web Privacy
Email: Contact us
2. Information Collection.
We may collect information related to you and your use of the Sites in the following ways:
A. Information you provide to us.
- Registration – In order to use some features of certain of the Sites, you must first complete a registration form. During registration, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information and contact information (e.g., name, organizational affiliation, email and postal addresses, Twitter handle). If information requested is marked as “optional,” you are not required to provide that information in order to complete the registration process.
- Email Subscription – In order to subscribe to certain of our email mailing lists you must complete a registration form. During registration, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information and contact information (e.g., name, organizational affiliation, email and postal addresses, Twitter handle). If information requested is marked as “optional,” you are not required to provide that information in order to complete the registration process. Subscriptions to our email mailing lists must be confirmed by clicking on a link we will send to you via the email address you provide to us.
- Ordering Publications – When you order a publication from one of the Sites, you will need to provide contact/shipping information (e.g., name, organizational affiliation, and email and postal addresses).
- Interests – In order to facilitate your interaction with the Sites you may be asked to, and may wish to, provide information about your personal interests.
- Surveys/Contests – From time to time, we may conduct online surveys on topics related to our programs or the Sites or conduct contests regarding the same. If you choose to participate in such a survey or a contest, you will be required to provide certain information to participate (e.g., name, organizational affiliation, email and postal addresses, Twitter handle). Participation in these surveys and contests is completely voluntary.
B. Information collected from your use of the Sites.
We and certain of our Service Providers also may use similar technologies in our email communications to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to, among other things, gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
You may opt out of cookies provided by our Service Provider Adobe by following the instructions located at www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html#4 and of cookies provided on our Sites by other Service Providers who are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance program by following the instructions located at www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Local Storage Objects and Advertising – We use Local Storage Objects (“LSOs”), such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Service Providers with which we engage to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please see the information located at www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
3. How We Use the Information Collected.
We may use the information collected from you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about events, activities, opportunities, products, or services that might be of interest to you;
- to respond to your inquiries and to provide you with customer support;
- to assist in managing your account;
- to conduct or facilitate surveys;
- to maintain and administer the Sites;
- to customize your experience, content, advertising, or homepage on the Sites, including providing engaging and consistent experiences across the Site and providing you with more relevant products, services, or content;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies to analyze how the Sites are used, to gauge efficiency of email communications, and to conduct research which may be used in marketing our services to you or to third parties;
- to deliver products or services to you; and
- for any other purpose(s) described to you at the time you provide your personally identifiable information to us.
We will retain information collected from you for as long as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
4. With Whom We Share Information Collected.
We may share the information collected from you for the following purposes:
- with Service Providers; provided, that such Service Providers are not permitted to use your personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes;
- with our non-profit and for profit funding or grant partners or other strategic partners when it's related to events, activities, opportunities, products, or services that might be of interest to you;
- to conform or comply with the law, or if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or regulatory authorities or to participate or cooperate with a judicial proceeding, to enforce applicable terms and conditions of the Sites, or in urgent circumstances, to protect the safety of persons or property, including but not limited to, the Website; and
- if we merge with or are acquired by a business entity, undergo a re-organization with an entity, and/or in the event that we sell (or propose to sell) any property, business, or assets to an entity, we may disclose your personally identifiable information to such entity. If we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation proceedings, we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the entity managing our assets such as a receiver, to the court overseeing the proceedings, or as directed by such court.
We also may share information in an aggregated non-personally identifiable manner with third parties and such third parties may further share such aggregated non-personally identifiable information further in connection with their own marketing, products, and services.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or other email communications from us, you may opt out of receiving these communications by visiting the Manage Your Subscriptions link in each of our Sites.
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to send out service-related announcements. For example, if one of our Sites is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send users an email notice regarding the suspension. Generally, users may not opt out of these communications unless they deactivate their account.
Our Sites may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from a blog or community forum, contact us as noted above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Updating and Deleting Personally Identifiable Information; Data Retention.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, amend, or delete your information by making the change on your member information page or by contacting us here.
We will retain information collected from you for as long as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
10. Your California Privacy Rights.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, a California resident who has provided personally identifiable information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship has the right to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please use our Contact Us form, or write to us at: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Route 1 and College Road East, Princeton, NJ 08543-2316, Attention: RWJF Web Privacy.