Dates of Project: June 2011 through November 2013
Description: The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) worked with state health officials in Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oregon on quality improvement projects to help them prepare for national accreditation.
State health agency staff worked across program area lines, in some cases for the first time.
Four of the five states showed improvement in their project area; the fifth state completed its tests of change after the initiative concluded.
Each state submitted five examples of documentation demonstrating compliance with the PHAB standards and measures.
All five states submitted their QI projects to the RWJF-funded Public Health Quality Improvement Exchange (PHQIX), a searchable online database that organizes information from public health quality improvement projects.
- The National Public Health Performance Standards January 1, 2010
- Strengthening the Community of Practice March 21, 2014
- Lead States in Public Health Quality Improvement (originally called the Multistate Learning Collaborative) January 10, 2014
- Assessing Quality Improvement in Local Health Departments January 1, 2012
- Community Health Assessment and Improvement Plans for Public Health Accreditation December 22, 2014
- About this grant