The State Insurance Departments Dataset contains data on key characteristics of each state's insurance department.
To understand the functionality and operational outcomes of the health insurance exchanges, an understanding of state insurance departments is key.
The State Insurance Departments Dataset contains data on the characteristics of each state’s Insurance Commissioner, including how each commissioner is selected and retained and whether they have made a formal statement regarding the exchanges. Furthermore, the dataset includes data on each state’s governor’s sentiment toward the exchanges and each state’s insurance department’s annual budget.
Note: If you are using the State Insurance Departments Dataset for research purposes please cite the dataset as follows: Baker, T.; Town, R. (2014): Health Insurance Exchanges 2.0 Dataset. Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. http://www.rwjf.org/en/library/research/2014/03/hix-2-0/state-insurance-departments-dataset.html
The State Insurance Departments Dataset was last updated on July, 2013.
The creation of the datasets is a work in progress. We welcome your suggestions. Please contact Gabbie Nirenburg at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or ideas for improvement in the datasets. The datasets are regularly updated and we will attempt to incorporate your comments.
- 1. State Insurance Departments Dataset
- 2. Small Business Insurance Health Options Program (SHOP) Participation Rules Dataset
- 3. Health Insurance Exchange Determination Process and Governance Structure Dataset
- 4. Medicaid Expansion and Federal State Division of Responsibilities Dataset
- 5. Consumer Assistance Dataset
- 6. Plan Benefit Design Dataset
- 7. Regulation of Choice Architecture Dataset
- 8. Navigators and Brokers Dataset
- 9. State Action on Insurance Market Reforms Dataset
- 10. Insurance Premiums 2013-2015 Dataset
- 11. Insurers' Marketshare 2010-2014 Dataset
- 12. Second Open Enrollment Period Window Shopping Dataset