This dataset includes information regarding whether a particular state has decided to expand Medicaid and, if so, detailed information about the state's Medicaid expansion efforts.
One of the defining characteristics of the ACA is the expansion of Medicaid. Per the recent rulings of the Supreme Court, the decision of expanding Medicaid is the purview of each state. The Medicaid Expansion & Federal State Division of Responsibilities Dataset includes information regarding whether a particular state has decided to expand Medicaid and, if so, detailed information about the state's Medicaid expansion efforts. This information consists of, in part, the mechanism of a state's Medicaid expansion, the design the state used to expand Medicaid, and whether a state applied for a waiver to implement expansion.
This dataset also includes information on the division of responsibility between state and federal government for each state's ACA implementation efforts. For example, the dataset includes information from each state on who is administering the reinsurance program, what risk adjustment methodology is being used, and who is performing Plan Management and Consumer Assistance functions.
Note: If you are using the Medicaid Expansion & Federal State Division of Responsibilities Dataset for research purposes please cite the dataset as follows: Baker, T.; Town, R. (2014): Health Insurance Exchanges 2.0 Dataset. Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
The Medicaid Expansion and Federal State Division of Responsibilities Dataset was last updated in October 2014.
The creation of the datasets is a work in progress. We welcome your suggestions. Please contact Gabbie Nirenburg at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or ideas for improvement in the datasets. The datasets are regularly updated and we will attempt to incorporate your comments.
- 1. State Insurance Departments Dataset
- 2. Small Business Insurance Health Options Program (SHOP) Participation Rules Dataset
- 3. Health Insurance Exchange Determination Process and Governance Structure Dataset
- 4. Medicaid Expansion and Federal State Division of Responsibilities Dataset
- 5. Consumer Assistance Dataset
- 6. Plan Benefit Design Dataset
- 7. Regulation of Choice Architecture Dataset
- 8. Navigators and Brokers Dataset
- 9. State Action on Insurance Market Reforms Dataset
- 10. Insurance Premiums 2013-2015 Dataset
- 11. Insurers' Marketshare 2010-2014 Dataset
- 12. Second Open Enrollment Period Window Shopping Dataset