This special issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice (JPHMP) profiles the results of recent advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research. The issue reflects the contemporary characters of research in the field, including a broad cross section of topics, methodologies, and practical applications.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) supports a large and growing collection of research projects that are producing a steady stream of new evidence about the organization, financing, and delivery of public health services. The 19 articles presented in this special issue of JPHMP, written by RWJF grantees, cover topics such as public health organizations, governance, financing, workforce, and decision making.
Browse Contents to read all articles.
The Journal of Public Health Management & Practice Focuses on Advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 1. Advancing the Science of Delivery
- 2. Expanding Delivery System Research in Public Health Settings
- 3. Public Health Law Research: Exploring Law in Public Health Systems
- 4. Developing a Taxonomy for the Science of Improvement in Public Health
- 5. Public Health Services and Systems Research: Current State of Finance Research
- 6. Governance Typology
- 7. Diffusion of Practice-Based Research in Local Public Health
- 8. Defining Organizational Capacity for Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 9. Measuring the Authority of Local Public Health Directors in the Context of Organizational Structure
- 10. The Extent of Interorganizational Resource Sharing Among Local Health Departments
- 11. Health Districts as Quality Improvement Collaboratives and Multi-Jurisdictional Entities
- 12. Information-Seeking Behaviors and Other Factors Contributing to Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments
- 13. Assessing the Roles of Brokerage
- 14. Structural and Organizational Characteristics Associated With Performance of Essential Public Health Services in Small Jurisdictions
- 15. Assessment of Workforce Capacity for Local Health Departments in Nebraska
- 16. Topology of Local Health Officials' Advice Networks
- 17. Composition and Duties of Local Boards of Health
- 18. Local Health Departments and Specific Maternal and Child Health Expenditures
- 19. Variability in Practices for Investigation, Prevention, and Control of Communicable Diseases Among Washington State's Local Health Jurisdictions