Learn about the critical role Research and Evaluation has played in the evolution of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and the field of philanthropy. Download the recorded September 19 webinar, “40 Years of Research and Evaluation at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.”
RWJF's work in the field of research and evaluation has been integral to its success and has informed the field of philanthropy as a whole. On Wednesday, September 19, RWJF hosted a webinar which looked back on the past 40 years (1972-2012) of research and evaluation at RWJF, highlighted programs that had a major impact on the field during that time, and shared lessons learned.
Listen to current and former leaders of research and evaluation who were, and continue to be, involved in shaping RWJF’s research and evaluation work. Topics of discussion include:
- Seminal research and evaluation conducted during their tenure
- Challenges and successes for research and evaluation in the past and moving forward
- Critical developments in research and evaluation over the years
- Lessons for the field
Joel Cantor, a former senior program officer and director of evaluation research at RWJF, and current director of Rutgers Center for State Health Policy, moderated the conversation featuring:
- David C. Colby, vice president of Research and Evaluation, RWJF
- James R. Knickman, president and CEO of the New York State Health Foundation
- Alan B. Cohen, professor of health policy and management, Boston University School of Management, and executive director, Boston University Health Policy Institute
- Linda H. Aiken, Claire M. Fagin Leadership Professor in Nursing, professor of Sociology, and director of the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Robert J. Blendon, senior associate dean for Policy Translation and Leadership Development and Richard L. Menschel professor of Public Health, Health Policy, and Political Analysis at the Harvard School of Public Health
RWJF Leaders Discuss 40 Years of Research and Evaluation
Present and past leaders at RWJF take a look back at some of the research and evaluation initiatives that have made the Foundation what it is today--a leader of health and health care programs.