This toolkit provides a list of resources offering promising strategies that communities and policy-makers can use to assist in advocacy efforts to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic.
Resources are organized into seven categories: Case Studies; Advocacy Basics; Advocating for Active Living and Transportation; Advocating for Nutrition and Food Access; Youth Engagement and Advocacy; Targeted Advocacy for Communities of Color; and Tools for Advocacy: Fact Sheets and Policy Briefs.
- 1. The Value of Leadership Development
- 2. The Value of Regional-Level Work
- 3. Jammin' Minute
- 4. Naperville High School
- 5. Opportunity Link's North Central Montana Transit Initiative
- 6. Safe Routes to School at Maybury Elementary School in Detroit
- 7. Youth Advocacy
- 8. Advocacy to Reverse Childhood Obesity
- 9. Resource List for Childhood Obesity Advocacy
- 10. Advocacy Resource Guide
- 11. Keeping Kids Moving
- 12. Keeping Kids Moving: How Equitable Transportation Policy Can Prevent Childhood Obesity - What It Is
- 13. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 14. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 15. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit: General School Nutrition Resources
- 16. Making the Grade
- 17. Making the Grade: Reversing Childhood Obesity in School Districts Toolkit - What Is It?
- 18. Making the Grade