The federal school nutrition programs are the keystones to the diets of millions of American children. Schools have the opportunity to support healthy nutrition habits early in life by creating environments that encourage the consumption of healthy foos and beverages.
The resources provided in this document offer general information about the national school meal programs and strategies for improving the school nutrition environment.
- 1. The Value of Leadership Development
- 2. The Value of Regional-Level Work
- 3. Jammin' Minute
- 4. Naperville High School
- 5. Opportunity Link's North Central Montana Transit Initiative
- 6. Safe Routes to School at Maybury Elementary School in Detroit
- 7. Youth Advocacy
- 8. Advocacy to Reverse Childhood Obesity
- 9. Resource List for Childhood Obesity Advocacy
- 10. Advocacy Resource Guide
- 11. Keeping Kids Moving
- 12. Keeping Kids Moving: How Equitable Transportation Policy Can Prevent Childhood Obesity - What It Is
- 13. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 14. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit
- 15. Making Schools the Model for Healthier Environments Toolkit: General School Nutrition Resources
- 16. Making the Grade
- 17. Making the Grade: Reversing Childhood Obesity in School Districts Toolkit - What Is It?
- 18. Making the Grade