Public Health Services and Systems Research (PHSSR) is establishing an evidence base to provide public health officials and policy-makers with the data they need to make well-informed decisions about how health departments should be financed, staffed and structured. PHSSR findings can help public health departments use their limited resources wisely, and can inform critical real-world changes in public health practice that will affect how well prepared communities are to respond to bioterrorism, pandemic flu and current chronic disease epidemics.
In 2009, RWJF supported AcademyHealth in conducting a Public Health Systems Research (PHSR) Data and Methods Needs Assessment which included a review of PHSSR literature, an online survey of the AcademyHealth PHSR Interest Group and semi-structured interviews with PHSSR experts.
The literature review examined commentary, research articles, practice articles and books with a strong methodological focus. This literature has been curated and presented here under the four focus areas of PHSR's current agenda-setting work: Organization and Structure; Finance; Workforce; and Technology, Data and Methods.
In Technology, Data and Methods, PHSSR literature focuses data and methods uses in and by public health systems, and the relationships between public health technology and health outcomes.
To access related articles, click on the Table of Contents above and then "show."
- 1. Workforce
- 2. Organization and Structure
- 3. Finance
- 4. Technology, Data and Methods
- 5. Albuquerque Coalition for Healthcare Quality
- 6. Greater Boston Quality Coalition
- 7. Central Indiana Alliance for Health
- 8. Health Improvement Collaborative of Greater Cincinnati
- 9. AF4Q - The Northeast Ohio Collaborative
- 10. Greater Detroit Area Health Council (GDAHC)
- 11. Community Health Alliance of Humboldt-Del Norte
- 12. Kansas City Quality Improvement Consortium (KCQIQ)
- 13. Maine Quality Counts
- 14. Healthy Memphis Common Table
- 15. West Michigan Alliance for Health
- 16. MN Community Measurement (MNCM)
- 17. Puget Sound Health Alliance
- 18. P2 Collaborative of Western New York
- 19. Oregon Health Care Quality Corporation
- 20. Healthy York County Coalition
- 21. Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ)
- 22. Physician Survey Results: Albuquerque Coalition for Healthcare Quality
- 23. Physician Survey Results: Aligning Forces for Quality in West Michigan