Evaluating the total impact of Transforming Care at the Bedside (TCAB), a nurse-led quality improvement initiative, is challenging. Many TCAB goals do not lend themselves to easy measurement and it is not necessarily desirable to use time and resources to quantify impact when the goal of TCAB is rapid improvement, according to this assessment included in a special supplement of the American Journal of Nursing.
Evidence from the 10 hospitals involved in the latter stages of the TCAB pilot, however, reveal achievement in all four quality domains targeted by TCAB and demonstrate the program led to substantial testing and implementation of changes.
- 1. The Development of TCAB
- 2. TCAB
- 3. Improving Communication with Bedside Video Rounding
- 4. Improving Communication Among Nurses, Patients, and Physicians
- 5. Transporting Telemetry Patients
- 6. Spreading TCAB Across Network Hospitals
- 7. Creating Leaders for the Future
- 8. Trustees View TCAB from a Business Perspective
- 9. TCAB in the Curriculum
- 10. Overall Effect of TCAB on Initial Participating Hospitals
- 11. Participation of Unit Nurses
- 12. Lessons from Nursing Leaders on Implementing TCAB
- 13. The Business Case for TCAB