To build support for health insurance coverage for home care workers, the Service Employees International Union analyzed then-current approaches to providing health insurance to home care workers and identified and analyzed coverage options that presented replicable models.
- Caring for the Caregivers: Options for Providing Health Insurance Coverage for Home Care Workers,an unpublished report, which included:
- A description of efforts to provide health insurance coverage for home care workers in California and New York City.
- An analysis of six health insurance options that states could use to cover home care workers. The report described each option (e.g., enrolling home care workers in multiemployer group health plans or state employees' health benefit plans), as well as its application, administrative structure, advantages and disadvantages, and cost estimates.
- Home Care Research Initiative January 25, 2008
- Collaborative Learning for Home Health Providers Results in Improvements to Care July 29, 2008
- About this grant