Staff at the Esperanza Community Housing Corporation developed a marketing plan to raise awareness within South Central Los Angeles of the Mercado La Paloma as a venue for alcohol-free celebrations.
The Mercado is a retail marketplace that opened in 2001 as part of a revitalization effort in South Central Los Angeles.
Completed a marketing plan for the Mercado La Paloma based on the findings from research, surveys and focus groups with current customers and other community members.
The marketing plan seeks to capitalize on the Mercado's physical space and location by incorporating special events into its marketing efforts.
Recommended marketing activities include:
- Advertising in local newspapers.
- Drafting and distributing fliers—in English and Spanish—to targeted customers, including college students, tourists and community residents.
- Enhancing the Mercado website.
- Providing financial incentives to target customers, including coupons and bus ticket refunds.
- Providing marketing training to Mercado vendors.