The Community Builders (TCB), a nonprofit real estate services organization in Boston, replicated a low-income housing model in Worcester, Mass. The model, Plumley Village, integrated health and human services with property management.
Starting in late 1995, TCB focused on human services, integrating health services through links established with outside providers.
- TCB established four demonstration sites that integrated human services with property management. They also enhanced programs at Plumley Village. The demonstration sites were:
- South Holyoke Properties (Holyoke, Mass.)
- Kensington Square Apartments (New Haven, Conn.)
- Egleston Square (Boston)
- Villas Del Caribe (Philadelphia)
- TCB integrated the community initiatives function into its organizational structure.
- It obtained an independent evaluation of human service programs across sites.