The Greater Cleveland Hospital Association developed a PC-based computer program that forecasts the demand for nurses.
Under the first grant, the Greater Cleveland Hospital Association:
- Developed the Workforce Modeling Tool for the acute care market, a PC-based software program that hospitals use to derive forecast data to develop nursing workforce plans.
- The Hospital association distributed the computer program to all 43 member hospitals in northeastern Ohio and trained executive teams to use it.
Under a second grant, the Greater Cleveland Hospital Association:
- Developed Workforce Modeling Tools for the long-term care, ambulatory, and home care sectors.
- Distributed the acute care and long-term care Tools in 9 states.
- Provided training on the computer program to organizations participating in Colleagues in Caring, a national program funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) that supports collaborative initiatives on nursing workforce development.