To encourage experts in public health, law, political science, medicine, sociology, criminal justice, economics, psychology, and other behavioral and policy sciences to address issues of substance abuse.
- $86,323.00 awarded to National Bureau of Economic Research Inc. - Comparison of the effectiveness of criminal justice and public health expenditures in reducing drug use
- $99,988.00 awarded to Florida State University Research Foundation Inc. - Estimate of Florida's Medicaid Nursing Home Costs Related to Smoking
- $94,711.00 awarded to Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health - Study to examine the relationship of public and college policies on student binge drinking and tobacco use
- $99,999.00 awarded to University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine - Analysis of smoking relapse among employees whose workplaces ban smoking
- $101,773.00 awarded to George Washington University - Study of perinatal substance abuse treatment and related services in a managed care environment