To encourage experts in public health, law, political science, medicine, sociology, criminal justice, economics, psychology, and other behavioral and policy sciences to address issues of substance abuse.
- $50,608.00 awarded to Public Citizen Foundation, Inc. - Research on laws regulating tobacco products
- $208,872.00 awarded to Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Substance Abuse Policy Research Program
- $349,543.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Policy as innovation: Diffusion of the principles of effectiveness
- $49,236.00 awarded to Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Enforcement of laws related to tobacco use by youth in cities with large African-American and Hispanic populations
- $349,980.00 awarded to University of California, Los Angeles, Office of Contract and Grant Administration - Closing the loop on welfare reform: Interactive effects of welfare reform strategies on welfare agencies and substance using recipients