To encourage experts in public health, law, political science, medicine, sociology, criminal justice, economics, psychology, and other behavioral and policy sciences to address issues of substance abuse.
- $189,424.00 awarded to Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Substance Abuse Policy Research Program
- $50,608.00 awarded to Public Citizen Foundation, Inc. - Research on laws regulating tobacco products
- $100,000.00 awarded to University of Pennsylvania - Integrated vs. Referred-Out Methadone Treatment: Quality and Costs
- $330,390.00 awarded to New York University - Tobacco Control and the Liberal State: The Legal, Ethical, and Policy Debates
- $339,253.00 awarded to Trauma Foundation Inc. - Evaluation of national drug and alcohol testing in safety sensitive employees in the mass transit industry