To encourage experts in public health, law, political science, medicine, sociology, criminal justice, economics, psychology, and other behavioral and policy sciences to address issues of substance abuse.
- $99,889.00 awarded to New York Academy of Medicine - Investigating policy and practice implementations of the coordination of buprenorphine treatment and behavioral drug treatment services
- $97,381.00 awarded to University of Washington College of Architecture and Urban Planning - Spatial and temporal analysis studying the effectiveness of safe needle disposal programs for injection drug users
- $29,469.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine - Tobacco-free policy adoption for local school districts in order to promote policy passage across North Carolina
- $29,606.00 awarded to Public Health Advocacy Institute Inc. - Analysis of the U.S. Department of Justice's Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) lawsuit against the tobacco industry
- $99,000.00 awarded to Loyola University-Chicago - Pilot study for a new method of measuring cigarette tax evasion in the United States