To reduce rates of smoking in families by supporting research to develop and evaluate effective new interventions to help women quit smoking before, during and after pregnancy.
- $499,244.00 awarded to University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine - Evaluation of the Smoke-Free Families Program
- $484,167.00 awarded to University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Smoke-Free Families program
- $264,164.00 awarded to Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health - Development of software to analyze maternal and child health mortality, morbidity, and economic cost attributable to smoking
- $19,137.00 awarded to Foundation for State Legislatures - Survey of state Medicaid and health insurance policies regarding reimbursement for smoking cessation treatment
- $23,001.00 awarded to National Conference of State Legislatures - Survey of state policies on smoking cessation treatment